Many low-income homeowners do not have the means to repair or maintain their homes, yet affordable housing often has dangerous or unhealthy defects. SNAP has several types of Home Repair Programs that can make repairs, or provide access to loans, for items in your home that pose health or safety hazards such as roof leaks, sewer problems, no water, and accessibility modifications.
Low Interest Home Repair Loans
(Spokane City Residents)
3% interest loans for major repairs (between $10,000 and $40,000. Some loan restrictions apply).
- Must be an owner-occupied property.
- Must live in the City of Spokane.
- Households must be below 80% AMI (Area Median Income).
- No minimum credit score required.
- No closing costsIf you’ve filed bankruptcy in the past, you can still qualify.
- Previous borrowers can apply for additional assistance for the same home.
- Testing and repairs for specific health/safety measures are required.
- Must be current on property taxes, homeowner insurance, and mortgage payments. If you are struggling to make your mortgage payments we can help.
*This program does not assist with cosmetic work.*
Washington State and Federal fair housing and lending regulations apply.
SNAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination complaints can be filed with SNAP’s E.O. officer at 509-456-7627. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Translation services are available upon request for those with limited English.