SNAP has partnered with the Washington State Department of Revenue to inform and guide Individuals and families through a new tax credit for Washington workers.
Individuals and families may receive up to $1,200 back if they meet certain eligibility requirements. Applications open February 1, 2023. If you would like to learn more or if you would like SNAP to present to your group, please reach out to us today!
WHAT TO KNOW
The Working Families Tax Credit (WFTC) will provide refunds up to $1,200 to individuals and families who meet certain eligibility requirements, including eligibility for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
Individuals and families are eligible for the Working Families Tax Credit if they meet al lof the following requirements:
- Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Lived in Washington a minimum of 183 days in 2022 (over half the year)
- Are at least 25 and under 65 years of age OR have a qualifying child in 2022
- Filed a 2022 federal tax return
- Eligible to claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on their 2022 tax return OR would meet the requirements for EITC but are filing with an ITIN
The credit amount varies depending on the number of qualifying children and income level.
The maximum credit amount ranges from $300 – 1,200 depending on the number of qualifying children (see table below).
These amounts are then reduced based on income thresholds, similar to the federal program. The minimum credit amount is $50, regardless of the number of qualifying children.
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
For more information you can visit the Washington State Department of Revenue’s website.
As a trusted partner of the Department of Revenue, SNAP is determined to share information about this tax credit. We can help you determine if you qualify, and help you apply for the tax credit. Please reach out to us if you have questions, need support, or would like us to provide services and support at an outreach event or for a group you serve. You can reach us at OutreachTeam@snapwa.org or by calling 509-319-3004.