This program provides assistance for both heating and non-heating Avista expenses and usually has funding available throughout the year.
Key Facts –
- Household grants will be either $100 or $400, determined by household monthly charges for the 12 months prior to application
- Households are eligible for this program once per heating season (from October 1st to September 30th of the following year).
- Households with an open Avista gas or electric account
- Households with a member 60 or over & whose name is on the account
- Household with a member receiving disability benefits; whose name is on the account
- Household income must be at or below the guidelines for the Avista Senior, Disabled energy assistance program.
- If the household is over these guidelines, non-reimbursed medical expenses can be considered.
- If below the guidelines for the Avista General Heating Assistance program: The household cannot have received Energy Assistance help for the current heating season or all Energy Assistance funding must have been spent out to be eligible.
Senior, Disabled Assistance requests can be done over the phone or in person. To inquire about an appointment call 456-SNAP
Senior, Disabled Assistance is funded from tariff fees collected through Avista’s LIRAP program (Low-Income Rate Assistance Program).