Avista LIRAP Rate Discount Program: For Seniors and People Living with Disabilities
This program provides a rate discount for Avista electric or gas customers.
Key Facts –
- Household eligibility is determined by household monthly income
- Eligible households are enrolled in the program for 24 months, during which time they will receive rate discounts on their electric or gas bills.
- Households with an open Avista gas or electric account
- Households with a member 60 or over & whose name is on the account
- Household with a member receiving disability benefits; whose name is on the account
- Household income must be at or below the guidelines for the Avista Senior, Disabled energy assistance program.
- If the household is over these guidelines, non-reimbursed medical expenses can be considered.
Senior, Disabled Assistance requests can be done over the phone or in person. To inquire about an appointment call 456-SNAP
Senior, Disabled Assistance is funded from tariff fees collected through Avista’s LIRAP program (Low-Income Rate Assistance Program).