As a Volunteer Driver for SNAP’s Neighbors on the Go program, you will be responsible for providing qualifying prescreened riders with safe and reliable transportation for the purpose of meeting their medical needs. SNAP is looking for dependable and compassionate individuals who are eager to help some of the most vulnerable members of our community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be a careful and responsible driver.
- To meet requests promptly and as assigned.
- To promote a positive, respectful, and productive working environment, while protecting client confidentiality and dignity.
- To call immediately if unable to keep an assigned request.
- To report any problem stemming from a transportation assignment immediately.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times as well as helps to grow the customer service culture within the agency.
- Serve as an Ambassador for SNAP when serving clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record (Records will be checked).
- Must have vehicle liability insurance policy at least at State minimums.
- Must maintain vehicle in good working condition.
- Must have access to a phone.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have 5 years of driving experience.
- Willing to commit to volunteer 2-4 hours per week for a minimum of 6-months.
- Must enjoy being with people and have desire to help with the special transportation needs of individuals living with disabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to be caring, compassionate, and patient.
- Reimbursement for mileage at the state’s current rate and other approved out-of-pocket expenses.
- Liability insurance provided.
- Flexible scheduling for vacation, school, holidays, and family time.
- Satisfaction of working with people in need.