We are currently not accepting any new applications at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SNAP can help provide relief to Spokane County residents who have missed payments or are struggling to pay their current rent due to the pandemic.
**This program is available to Spokane County residents, and does not require United States citizenship to qualify**
In order to qualify for rental assistance, you must apply for your household and meet at the following requirements:
- Head of Household resides within the limits of Spokane County. Unsure? Check HERE.
- Household has at least one month of rent not paid or partially unpaid since March 1, 2020.
- Household income is at or below 80% AMI over the last 60 days. See chart below to see if you qualify:
In addition, households must meet one of the following additional screening criteria:
- You pay 50% or more of your income on rent
- You’ve been homeless in the past five years (including couch surfing and living with another family)
- You’ve been evicted in the last seven years
- You had your housing disrupted due to household member race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or religion
- At risk of severe illness as per CDC (62 or older, underlying condition) – see guidelines here.
- Any household member has a disability. Disabilities include physical, developmental, mental, or emotional impairment, including impairment caused by alcohol or drug abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, or brain injury. A person with HIV/AIDS is considered disabled.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR YOUNG ADULTS ONLY:
• Person twenty-four (24) years old or younger that is pregnant or parenting.
• Person twenty-four (24) years old or younger that is a recipient (current or past) from any one of the following: foster care; adoption; mental health; drug, alcohol treatment; court system.
For best results, email us at:
If you don’t have email, call
COMMUNITY PARTNER HUB:
We are able to cover up to six months rent (including one month future rent, if needed). Referrals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the client’s name, phone number, email, and race/ethnicity.
- Complete the ERAP Household Information & Eligibility Form
- Complete the ERAP Landlord OR Family Friend Payment Agreement
- Obtain a current W9 (must be signed and dated no older than 2 years from the current date)
- Submit forms HERE. This link will open a form that requires a name and email; please use the client’s name and the submitter’s email.
This project was supported by a grant awarded by US Department of the Treasury. Points of view in this document are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the US Department of the Treasury. Grant funds are administered by the Local Government Coronavirus Relief Fund thru the Washington State Department of Commerce.