This program was designed to help eligible households ease the financial impact of a portion of heating costs. Funding is limited, which means not all qualified households will receive assistance.
Watch our Facebook page for updates.
Follow this link HERE for additional eligibility information.
Energy Assistance funds are meant to help:
- Make home heating more affordable
- Help maintain a warm and safe home
There are different programs to serve you, depending on your Energy Assistance needs. Energy Assistance was designed to help eligible households ease the financial impact of a portion of heating costs. Households are eligible for this program once per heating season (October 1 – September 30) or while funding is available.
What will you need to bring to your appointment?
- Proof of address
- Verification of all household income for the 3 months prior to the month of your appointment for all persons in the home, this includes earned income, child support, SSI, SSA, SSD, TANF, retirement, unemployment, self-employment, etc…
- A current heating bill
- Proof of Social Security numbers for all persons in the household (adults and children)
- Picture I.D. for all adults in the household
- Other documentation may also be required
Key Facts –
- Energy assistance services are for Spokane County residents only
- Energy assistance grants are dependent on available funding
- Please continue to work with your heating company to keep current on payments
Other programs that can help with your energy bills:
Project Share was established to provide emergency energy assistance to those who are NOT eligible for heating assistance or who have exhausted ALL other available energy assistance sources. Avista Senior Program provides assistance for both heating and non-heating Avista expenses and usually has funding available throughout the year.
SNAP Energy Program Partner
(log in required) Make a Referral